This page will be a way for you to work at home or find answers to your questions when a teacher isn’t available. We will continue to update this page as you learn new blogging skills. If there is something you would like to know more about or see a tutorial for please post in the comments.
Creating Featured Images in Canva
Adding a Menu: This shows your About Me page as a button
Written by: Mrs. Black
You are going to need a menu if you want people to be able to find your About Me page. Menus can be in the header, footer or sidebars. Reviewing the theme details (Appearance > Themes) can help you see what these different menus would like. If you do not create a menu or widget for your About Me page there will be no way for your readers to click their way to it. Follow these simple steps to create a menu that includes your About Me page.
- While in your Dashboard, go to Appearance > Menus
- Add a title in the bar on the left
- Then click the Create menu bar
- A box to the left should pop up with more options
- You can add a link to the menu
- Go to your About Me page and get the link
- Add copy and paste it is the bar
- You can also add more pages to the menu and posts
Steps to making a new and improved blog: Add some color to your blog!
Written by: Kelli K.
1. Go to your site
2. Click on customize and there should be a sidebar on the left.
3. If you are trying to change the color you would click on Color
4. There should be options including header, background etc.
5. If you click on the one that you want to change you can change the color.
How to add the Call to Action button or the Icon on the front page of your site
Written by: Alicia H.
- Go to your site
- Click the button on the top middle bar labeled Customized
- Click on the call to action bar erase what is in the first box
- Add whatever you want to the box Example: Saying, Name, Title of a blog post
- If you want to add a link find the page and put in the next bar down example: Page, Video, Picture
- MAKE SURE to click the save and Publish button Last
How to add Links to your blog posts
Written by: Chloe S.
Adding links to your blogs is important to show readers other posts you have done that are similar or that connect to a post you are working on. Following these steps will help you insert links to other posts in your blog.
- Highlight the word you want to add a link to.
- With the word highlighted, click the insert link button in the toolbar above.
- Once the link button has been clicked, a word box will be inserted below the highlighted word
- You can copy another blog and insert it in the box
How to add pictures to your blog posts!
Written by: Audrey B.
When you add pictures to your blog, the readers can understand more about the post and they can enjoy the post more. It gives some more color and makes blogs look better. Adding pictures is really easy and here are the steps to adding them:
- Go to google and look up the image you want to add
- Next, there is a button at the top right that says tools, click on that button.
- Click on the drop-down button that says usage rights.
- Then click on labeled for reuse.
- After that, it will give multiple options of copyright free images.
- Save the image you want then go into the blog post you want the image in.
- Then click on the add media button and insert the image.
Then You’re Done!
How to figure out if the pictures you added are available for legal use.
Written by: Noah M
- Search the image that you want to use.
- Then click on the image button.
- Then click on the tools button next to the settings button.
- Click on the Usage Rights button.
- Then, in the drop-down menu, click on Labeled for reuse.
- Then find a picture that you want to use.